Thursday, July 22, 2010
Reflection and Gratitude
The weather is how I love it towards the end of the summer, reminds me of a lake morning....cool, damp, calm, quiet, lofty grey clouds giving way to a little sunshine. I can almost hear an adirondack loon calling in the distance. I was making my breakfast a few minutes ago and an overwhelming feeling of gratitude came over me, gratitude and complete fulfillment. Matthew is sleeping in his crib. He's into a great routine now...gets up, has a bottle, plays for 2 hours, has another bottle and goes into his crib for a 2 hour nap. I'm a happy person when I have a routine. Things seem chaotic and out of sorts without one, and by things I mean me. As I stood in my kitchen cooking my egg mcmuffin with cheese, I had the overwhelming urge to pray and give thanks. I'm so thankful for my son, so thankful for my husband, so thankful for my jobs that allow me to work from home, so thankful that Matthew is finally getting into a routine, his colic is gone, he's a delightful little baby, he can play by himself but with learning to crawl when he needs some mommy time, he crawls over to ME to play with ME. This sounds corny, but my cup runneth over! Summer mornings like this have always seemed magical to me, but now even more so...I'm a wife, I'm a mommy, and I get to be these things and be at home. I couldn't feel more blessed or more thankful!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah.. I love those "this is enough" moments. :)
Post a Comment