Friday, March 13, 2009

More Sad News....

Kyle and I did another round of fertility treatments in Feb. We found out 2 weeks ago that we were pregnant again. We found out earlier than last time and the blood work looked great, at first. Within a few days, the follow up blood test was giving us some concern, and a couple of days after that we learned I was miscarrying again. We were devastated! We still are honestly. I can't believe we went thru 2 miscarriages within a 4 month time frame. I really have no words for it. I think we're taking a break from trying to get pregnant. I mean, we'll still try, but not really with the amount of energy and attention and fertility treatments that we've been doing for the past 15 months. The next round of fertility treatments would be a lot more expensive than what we've been doing, so we'll need to save for that, if we go that route. I need time to heal. I need time to let God work in our lives and show us where to go from here. Do we try on our own, do we do more treatments, do we look into adoption? I have no idea. I'm too sad to even give it much thought.

As sad as I am, I know I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive husband. I have no clue what is in store for us, but we have each other.

Spring can't come soon enough for me. It has a certain magic. You can almost feel new life growing, and with that comes new hope.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I know its been a very hard Winter.

I really hope Spring brings some much needed warmth in your lives.