Monday, September 22, 2008

Adventures in Painting

As I mentioned, we painted the downstairs hallway 2 weekends ago and remaining living room wall. We had picked 2 different shades of tan, in an effort to compliment each other and also the green living room wall. Well, we painted the hallway first in the darker tan color. Love it! Then we painted the remaining living room wall in the lighter tan and after the first coat realized we didn't like it so I went back to Lowe's and got another gallon of the darker tan and painted over what we had just painted not an hour before. The new tan color looks great! I originally liked the green wall (it extends from the living room to the kitchen) but up against the tan, it just doesn't look right. They are both medium colors...medium tan and medium green. They don't contrast and they don't compliment. They just look kinda blah to us, even tho both match our couches. So I think we're going to re-paint the green wall, either a darker green, which will still match the couches (well, the accent pillows) or paint it a whole new color, like burgundy, which also will match the accent pillows, but then I'll have to get all new curtains. It's a good thing we like painting. We are no where near being done with our painting project. Once we are finished with the downstairs, we'll move upstairs. We still have the study, half-bath and laundry room.

That weekend was also our make-up dinner for our anniversary, since we both had a cold and didn't feel like doing much on our actually anniversary. Kyle surprised me with The Melting Pot. He had me going all day that we were either going to Japanese or Olive Garden. It was my choice and we both love both choices and I was having a hard time deciding. The restaurants are within a few blocks of each other and as it turns out, you drive right by The Melting Pot to get there. As we were at the light of Melting Pot, Kyle suggests going there and knowing you need reservations I was a little skeptical. So he turned into the parking lot and we figured we'd just see if anything was open. We walk in the door and he gives our name and they wish us a happy anniversary and there was even a card on the table. Wow, I was so shocked and surprised. He had me thinking all day that I needed to pick the restaurant and I was so torn between Japanese and Olive Garden and here he had made reservations a couple days prior for Melting Pot. We even managed to get out of the house on time without me suspecting a thing. We had a good time and ate way too much! Thanks Kyle!!

No comments: