Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!!

Today is our one year anniversary. It has been quite a year. It feels like just a few months ago that we were getting ready to walk down the aisle, packing for our honeymoon, sharing the best day of our lives to date with good friends and family. It has been a great year and it has been a hard one.

I love our house we built. We're still getting settled in, picking out paint colors, hanging pictures on the walls. The new grass is coming in, slowly but surely. We have many landscaping projects we want to do and hopefully we can get a few done by next Spring.

It was a difficult winter with my mom and dad moving here from PA, us trying to help them unpack, when we were blindsided with Dad being diagnosed with an aggressive bone cancer and passing away in Feb. That was a shock to the system. We are all still dealing with the mourning process each in our own way. He was a husband, a father, and a friend. Dad will be greatly missed!

Then came spring and along with it came some fun activities.... many cookouts with Brian and Sarah along with mandatory trips to Maggie Moo's (ice-cream), annual Cincinnati Reds game with Alan and Lindsey, a group camping/canoe trip, partying with Parrotheads at the Jimmy Buffet concert, annual family vacation to Indian Lake, NY, family reunions, nieces' and nephews' birthday parties, learning how to bowl with Wii, and the list goes on and on.

In this year we have had good times and bad. I love Kyle more and more with each new day. Happy Anniversary to us!!

3 comments:

Dawn0fTime said...

Happy Anniversary, Steph & Kyle!!!!!

*Brandi* said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so happy for you two.

And yay for finally having a post on your blog!!!

Sarah said...

Epp! I dont know how I missed this! Happy Anniversary and first blog post!