Yep, that's right. I'm changing jobs. I have worked for this company for 5 years. It's a small, family owned business that does property management (for our own properties) and real estate development. It's a complicated story really and I won't bore you with the details but the end of the story is that we're closing our doors.
Sure, I was slightly stunned and shocked to hear that but I'm not naive. I saw a change coming at some point but didn't expect this kind of a change or in this time frame. But here we are.
Have no fear though. I already have one job lined up with a couple of other possibilities for a part-time job. I've been working on the side for a friend of mine and he is able to give me more hours. I have a few leads elsewhere, so I'll be fine. Yes, I'm slightly nervous, but I'm also really excited. I've always gone by this motto.... change is good. Change can be scary, change can be hard. I'm 33. I've had plenty of changes in my life. This is just a stepping stone and I feel very fortunate to have opportunities available to me.
I'm sure there will be an adjustment period. I don't have it all sorted out yet. But I have a gut feeling that all will be fine. More to follow.......
1 comment:
Best of luck on your new direction. Change is always good. Some times really hard, but it will certainly be worth it.
Post a Comment